A Little About Our Fabrics…
Two things to know the when buying sweatshirts from Two Bits Equestrian:
1) Our fabrics are sourced from a company with a GRS Gold Level Certification
The Global Recycle Standard (GRS) establishes independently verified claims as to the amount of recycled content in a yarn. They prohibit certain chemicals, require water treatment, and uphold worker's rights. It also holds the weaver to standards similar to those found in the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS), such as the following:
• Companies must disclose how much of the following is used: chemicals, energy, water consumption, waste water treatment, and sludge disposal
• Waste water must be treated for pH, temperature, Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD), and Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD) before disposal
• There is extensive attention to workers rights
(* The GRS and GOTS prohibit the same chemicals)
2) OEKO-TEX®Standard 100 Certification
During the Oeko-Tex certification process fabrics are tested for harmful substances used during all stages of production from raw materials all the way to the final product. Further testing is done for illegal substances, as well as legally regulated substances that are known to be harmful.
I hope these certifications allow you to feel comfortable knowing you are wearing environmentally conscious manufactured and produced fabrics. You can have confidence in our textiles… they are non-toxic and skin-friendly.
- Annie Heise CEO of T.B.E.